Interviews can make you nervous, but studying a few key pointers can help make a good impression. Body language is the one thing that interviewers look at that is a non-verbal expression. Often people do not realize they are giving away signs through their body language. What can you keep in mind to help you with your next interview? Here are a few interview tips to help you.
- Understand the interview really starts before you meet the interviewer. You are not sure who may see you in the parking lot.
- Believe in your skills. Self-confidence is emotional. Your body language will show that. Hype yourself up with self talk silently when you are waiting for the interviewer.
- Make sure to sit up straight in your seat. It will show you are more open.
- If you sit at a table, keep your hands above the table. If using hand gestures, try to keep them closer to the tabletop. It shows honesty.
- Make eye contact with the interviewer when you answer a question. It will help exhibit self-confidence.
- Try not to read too far into an interviewers body language. They are often trained to have a poker face.
- Try to get handshakes from everyone when leaving and arriving, if it is convenient. Avoid giving a death grip handshake, it will show over-dominance.
With these few tips, it will help to display self-confidence, honesty, and competence while in an interview. Don’t over think any of these tips. Showing confidence is the main thing. If you believe in yourself before the interview and understand you can do the job they are asking, your body language will show that.
Please contact us to learn about our expertise in recruiting for Leadership positions with emphasis in Medical Device, Biotechnology, Pharmaceutical and Health Information Sciences including Clinical, Marketing, Sales, Quality, etc. We look forward to the opportunity to help you excel in the future!
Follow me on Twitter @PrimeCoreSearch.