Among all the human diseases, there is no other more perplexing or prolific than cancer. After much study and research for the magic bullet to cure it, we may soon have the answer. Some late breakthrough methods, are already in market. These may hold promise for treatment. Here is what oncologists and the medical community is all excited about today.
- Targeted Cancer Therapy. Drug delivery is through tools to oncogenic cells. This lowers side effects and prevents damaging healthy cells. This alone or in combination with other therapies, improves quality of life and extends survival for the patient.
- IMRT. Intensity Modulated Radiation Therapy. Small beams of varying intensity, precisely target the cancer cells from different angles. This has lower side effects and prevents damage to other cells.
- Combination Therapies. There is better outcome when chemotherapy and hormonal therapies are offered at the same time. The results are dramatic for combined chemotherapy and radiotherapy.
- New Drugs. Rare cancers such as those involving the joints shows shrinkage when drugs such as biphoshonates in targeted treatments. This means there is no amputations or joint replacements for the patient.
- Cutting off blood supply to cancer cells. Drugs such as bevacizumab, prevents further development of tumors in ovaries. Some of these drugs are already FDA approved for certain cancers.
- Cancer Immunotherapy. There is a regenerated interest in this field such as cancer vaccines. This method improves or restores the immune system function, by using materials made by the body or in a laboratory. Leukemia and melanoma cancers show promise.
- Biotechnology. With recognition of the genetic causes for one’s cancer, precise and effective treatment is designed for the patient. Immune cells such as the T-cells is also removed, charged and replaced in the patient to destroy cancer cells.
- New Targeted 15-minute Radiosurgery. This is an out-patient method and lasts for a short time only, so, prolonged intense radiation is prevented. It reduces hospital stay and eliminates incision surgery.
- New Devices.The CIVO device injects drugs precisely to a target cancer tissue and helps to study drug effects without the accompanying side effects.
The above methods of treatments are still being tested and tried and some of them have already been implemented.
Our strategy focuses on enabling our clients to recruit the right people for the structure in which they will perform. Please contact us to learn more about our expertise in Executive Search for Commercial Leadership positions in Medical Device and Biotechnology; including Marketing, Strategy, Sales Leadership, Training, Development, etc. We look forward to the opportunity to help you consistently improve your performance and your business!
Follow me on Twitter @PrimeCoreSearch.